Storyfest – A Family Book Festival at Airfield Estate, Dundrum
The first Dubray StoryFest family book festival will take place at Airfield Estate on Saturday 29th September: a unique, fun-filled, creative festival for children aged 0-12 and their families. Rain or shine, if you like stories, it’s the place to be!
This will be a day of interactive author and illustrator events, storytelling and story-writing, doodling, drawing, dancing, music, art and craft, book-inspired yoga, face-painting, dressing up, events as Gaeilge and, for children with ASD or special needs, a relaxed zone. StoryFest will run from 10 am to 5 pm, with simultaneous events for different ages and interests taking place in sites across Airfield’s urban farm and gardens.
Authors and illustrators will include:
- Cathy Cassidy and Judi Curtin making friendship jewellery
- Drawing with Don Conroy
- Peter Donnelly, author and illustrator of The President’s Glasses
- Meet Rabbit and Bear with Julian Gough
- Chris Judge author and illustrator of The Lonely Beast
- Former Laureates na nÓg PJ Lynch and Niamh Sharkey
- Oisín McGann of Mad Grandad family
- A family draw-along with Alan Nolan
- Draw along with Margaret Suggs, illustrator of Pigín of Howth
- Máire Zepf and Tarsila Kruse leading storytime as Gaeilge
Our Parents’ Corner will feature:
- An audience with TV presenter Maia Dunphy about the funny side of parenting and her website, The M Word.
- Dubray Children’s Bookseller Lorraine Levis on “Encouraging Babies and Toddlers to Love Books”
- Child psychologist Joanna Fortune addressing “The Power of the Bedtime Story” and “Managing Screen Time”
- Siobhan Berry from MummyCooks.com and Ciara Attwell from My FussyEater.com giving advice on great family food.
- Being a Legend: Life and Parenting Tips from Ross O’Carroll-Kelly and featuring his new book, Dancing with the Tsars.