Pre-Book A Visit to Airfield Estate
With acres of green space, farm animals, beautiful plants and woodlands, Airfield offers you the perfect opportunity to explore and enjoy the great outdoors.
To visit, you will need to pre-book a day ticket before you arrive. If you’re an Annual Pass holder you don't need to pre-book but you may have to queue at the entry point when the Estate is at capacity.
We look forward to welcoming you to our daily activities including egg collection, milking and donkey feeding.
Level 3 Updates From Airfield Estate
Please note the following will be in place at Airfield Estate for the duration.
- The estate and naturescape will remain open with current social distancing restrictions and one way customer flow in place.
- Airfield House will close and The Grey Barn indoor play area will remain closed.
- All Food & Beverage will be takeaway.
- Inspiration Kitchen classes will move online.
- Wedding numbers will be reduced to 25.
- Outdoor learning and daily activities will continue but will be restricted to groupings of 15 people.
- Airfield indoor heritage experience will close.
- The Farmers Market will continue with queue management.
- Howbert & Mays and The Little school will remain open.
If you have any queries send us an email to email@example.com.
The Stables café is open with a counter serving takeout barista-style coffees, sandwiches and treats with picnic benches dotted about the Estate.
You will also be able to pre-book afternoon tea and picnics to enjoy during your visit or enjoy a hot BBQ available Saturday and Sunday in the Green Barn (located beside the farmyard).
We also have a new Horse Box Coffee takeout kiosk located just outside the garden centre which is open 7 days a week from 9.30 am - 4 pm. Please note all food outlets are only accepting card payments.
We've created a visitor trail which will bring you around the Estate once and should take about 40-60 minutes to walk.
The map below illustrates the one-way trail which is designed with safety in mind for both staff and visitors.
We ask that you enjoy your time by walking the set paths we've created and to not dwell in any area to ensure social distancing for groups ahead and behind you.
Some of our buildings (Grey Barn and Overends Kitchen) will remain closed.
Wednesday – Sunday 10 am - 5 pm with last admission at 4 pm. Please note our opening hours will change from 30th September.
Please note these times are subject to change and children should be under adult supervision at all times.
Pre-Book a Picnic
Keeping Safe During your visit
We’ve put measures in place to ensure a safe environment for everyone. We will review our plans frequently and adapt when we need to.
Stay part of our community
We know not everyone will be able to visit us at the moment, so please stay connected with us online. We will continue to share videos, pictures and information that showcase our lovely grounds at Airfield.
Will there be toilet facilities?
The toilet located beside the Inspiration Kitchen will be open to the public at point 6 on the visitor map, toilets in the house & a toilet available in the main car park are also open.
Can I book my ticket on arrival?
We will not be taking any bookings at the ticket desk, all booking must be made online in advance.
Can I purchase an Annual Pass?
Yes, please call us on 01 969 6666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
What areas of Airfield are accessible?
Stables Café for take away, no seating.
Organic Food Gardens
Toilet facilities located at Inspiration Kitchen and in the main car park
Naturescape play area
Green Barn BBQ
NOTE: Areas open are subject to change as staff may need to close an area off for works or to ensure distancing, there will be no refunds if an area is closed
Are daily activities running?
They are running subject to changes in line with government recommendations and health advice..
Our Customer Charter
In line with HSA guidelines, Airfield has taken all reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the COVID-19.
As a visitor to Airfield Estate I/we commit to;
- Pre-book day tickets in advance of visiting Airfield Estate
- Self monitor their own actions
- Adhere to the queue/check in system in place on arrival.
- Defer your visit if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Adhere to any travel limits in place
- Adhere to the safety measures in place at Airfield Estate
- Practice social distancing throughout the Estate
- Minimise contact with surfaces during your visit
- Follow the one way system in place
- Ensure parental/guardian supervise with children at all times
- Use contactless payments and avoid use of cash
- Respect existing toilet facilities in the Estate
- Respect our playgrounds and play areas
Thank you for your continued support and please bear with us while we adjust.