Walk to Airfield
The annual walk to Airfield programme is reopening from 4th November 2019 - 28th February inclusive.
As part of our local community involvement, we're inviting schools who walk or use public transport to get to Airfield Estate to visit us for free!
The visits are self-guided, with a discovery sheet for the students to follow (you don’t have to use this if it doesn’t suit).
We want to encourage students to interact with their locality, get fit and experience Airfield Estate and all it has to offer at their own pace.
During the 2018/2019 school year, just over 1,000 young visitors participated in Walk to Airfield, and we hope to welcome many more this year.
To enquire about this initiative read the terms and conditions, fill out the form and we will be in touch.
Terms & Conditions:
- Schools must walk or take public transport to Airfield Estate. Our aim is to reduce our carbon footprint so taking your own bus/ cars is not included in the offer.
- Booking is essential
- Schools are responsible for having the correct adult: child ratio for Health and Safety
- A minimum number of 10 per group.
- Programme is available from 4th November 2019 - 28th February 2020
- Visits are self-guided, but a discovery sheet for students can be made available on request.
- Please note: there will be no rooms available for bag & lunch storage.
The school must be registered with the Department of Education/ HSA/ TUSLA
- Schools are responsible for having the correct adult: child ratio for Health and Safety.