Visitor Services Assistant
Ensuring a positive visitor experience by assisting with Front of House duties and guiding visitors on tours of the Estate. Working a minimum of 10 hours a week over Saturdays and Sundays with the possibility of additional shifts/hours in July and August. Shift times can vary depending on the needs of the estate and opening hours. Fixed-term contract until the end of September 2020 with the possibility of extension.
- The Front of House team are responsible for ensuring that all our stakeholders and visitors have an exceptional visitor experience whether as a face to face visitor or through alternative communication.
- Responsible for handling telephone and email enquiries in a friendly and efficient manner
- Proficient in use of EPOS system.
- Processing of admissions, annual pass & gift card sales in person and through telephone.
- Guiding visitors on heritage, gardens and farm tours when required (note the tour does include feeding farm animals)
- Proactive daily engagement with our visitors of all ages and abilities.
- Assisting with correspondence related to the visitor experience programs.
- Upselling of all areas of Airfield including Annual Pass, café & education.
- Daily opening and closing procedures including cash handling.
- Providing support and general administration for Airfield Estate.
- Will work closely with all Airfield colleagues.
- Knowledge of all of Airfield Estate’s activities and programmes.
- Experience with EPOS and online ticketing systems - Meridian and Ticketsolve an advantage.
- Flexibility to adapt to a busy environment.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and Interpersonal skills.
- Works well as part of a team and on their own, with excellent communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player who values sustainability.
- Dynamic – ability to bring energy to the organisation.
- Available to work weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to self-motivate in a fast moving, changing and challenging business organisation.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels throughout the organisation and its stakeholders
- Personal impact (e.g. high personal credibility, influencing skills, tough minded, networking, advocacy, etc.)
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- An empathy with the outdoors
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in the subject header of the email. Deadline for applications March 9th 2020.
The Facilities Assistant provides support to the Airfield Team to provide a safe, clean and secure environment for our visitors and employees. Require flexibility to work both weekdays and weekends.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all buildings, equipment and facilities
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of all the organisation’s facilities
- Maintain and complete repairs to structures, plumbing and electrical systems
- Conduct regular inspections of the site, facilities and equipment to assess conditions and readiness for visitor use
- Detail and complete maintenance requirements
- Undertake configuration and setup duties for all meeting and events liaising with the Events Dept.
- Promote Health & Safety throughout the organisation
- Ensure site and building security
- Escorting and assist service providers and contractors on site when required.
- Complete open and lock up procedures across the site.
- Ad hoc duties when required.
- Trade Experience Required (Carpentry, Electrical, Masonry, Plumbing)
- Ability to handle multiple requests, prioritise duties and working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Dependable and flexible
- Ability to work as part of a team who values integrity, inclusiveness, respect and sustainability
- IT literate
- Full clean drivers licence
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in all circumstances
Read the full job description here.
To apply for the role send your CV with a cover letter FAO Facilities Manager to email@example.com.
The Airfield Cleaner provides a service alongside the Airfield Team to provide a safe, clean and secure environment for our visitors and employees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Responsible for the Cleanliness of all buildings, equipment and facilities
- Maintain and Restock Cleaning supplies in all store rooms across the various different locations throughout the site.
- Conduct regular inspections of the sites facilities maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and attention to detail.
- To communicate and organise with facilities manager and provide cleaning services before, during and after all meetings and events.
- Promote Health & Safety throughout the organisation.
- To demonstrate proper Chemical usage, storage and disposal.
- To carry out ad-hock cleaning duties requested by the Facilities manager.
Read the full job description here.
Potential candidates should send CV FAO Facilities Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.