The Facilities Assistant provides support to the Airfield Team to provide a safe, clean and secure environment for our visitors and employees. As Airfield is open 7 days a week the job requires flexibility to work both weekdays and weekends, day and night time hours.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all buildings, equipment and facilities
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of all the organisation’s facilities
- Maintain and complete repairs to structures, plumbing and electrical systems
- Conduct regular inspections of the site, facilities and equipment to assess conditions and readiness for visitor use
- Detail and complete maintenance requirements.
- Undertake configuration and setup duties for all meeting and events liaising with the Events Dept
- Promote Health & Safety throughout the organisation
- Ensure site and building security
- Escorting and assist service providers and contractors on-site when required.
- Complete open and lock up procedures across the site.
- Ad hoc duties when required.
- Trade Experience Required (Carpentry, Electrical, Masonry)
- Ability to handle multiple requests, prioritise duties and working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Dependable and flexible
- Ability to work as part of a team who values integrity, inclusiveness, respect and sustainability
- IT literate
- Full clean drivers licence
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in all circumstances
- Team player
- Dynamic – ability to bring energy to the organisation
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to self motivate in a fast moving, changing and challenging business organisation
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels throughout the Organisation and its stakeholders
- Personal impact (e.g. high personal credibility, influencing skills, tough minded, networking, advocacy, etc.).
- Detail oriented
- An empathy with the outdoors