Airfield Estate is a 38 acre working educational farm and gardens located in Dundrum, Dublin 14. We provide a wide range of programmes and activities that aim to promote an understanding of agriculture, horticulture and the link between farming and food production. Our working farm is open to the public 7 days a week.
As well as offering our visitors the opportunity to reconnect with nature and observe primary food production in action, we run a number of experiential education programmes concentrating on farming, gardening and the natural world.
Open Roles at Airfield Estate
Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Airfield Estate Board and Trust, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for delivering Airfield’s 2021-2025 Strategic Plan and will oversee the Management and Governance of the Estate.
The successful candidate will be deeply passionate about food sustainability and be capable of leading and publicly representing Airfield, an organisation at the forefront of advocating food sustainability in Ireland. The CEO will lead, develop and motivate a committed team of 40 people and build strong relationships with external stakeholders and like-minded organisations.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the implementation and delivery of Airfield's Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Board, Trust and Team and oversee the Management and Governance of the Estate.
- Be an inspirational leader, who as CEO, will proactively communicate Airfield's mission related work to internal and external stakeholders and be an advocate for food sustainability in Ireland.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both internally and externally and be able to demonstrate a proactive approach and be a trusted voice in previous roles.
- Bring strong knowledge of the food system, the challenges around food sustainability and the impact of food on climate change.
- Develop an appropriate network of external partnerships building strong relationships with diverse stakeholder groups, like-minded organisations, and continue to manage internal commercial partnerships.
- Have strong financial skills and a track record of delivering on agreed targets.
Get Full Details Here
Candidates are invited to email a comprehensive curriculum vitae together with a cover letter, in strict confidence, quoting ‘Airfield CEO’ to: email@example.com
The Facilities Assistant provides support to the Airfield Team to provide a safe, clean and secure environment for our visitors and employees. Required flexibility to work both weekdays and weekends.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all buildings, equipment and facilities
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of all organisation’s facilities
- Maintain and complete repairs to structures, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Conduct regular inspections of the site, facilities and equipment to assess conditions and readiness for visitor use.
- Detail and complete maintenance requirements.
- Undertake configuration and setup duties for all meeting and events liaising with the Events Dept.
- Promote Health & Safety throughout the organisation
- Ensure site and building security.
- Escorting and assist service providers and contractors on site when required.
- Complete open and lock up procedures across the site.
- Ad hoc duties when required.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Facilities Manager.
To have responsibility for coordinating and reporting on the FarmerTime programme, relevant content and administration whilst ensuring a positive experience for the public, students and teachers.
- Coordinate the FarmerTime programme as required which will include (but is not limited to), sourcing farmers and teachers, matching them and Garda vetting farmers.
- Creating adequate resources for farmers and teachers to increase and ease participation in the programme.
- Work with the management team to ensure a high and consistent quality of resources, reports and research into the impact of FarmerTime in Ireland.
- Report on KPI’s monthly to assess and monitor impact for Ireland and to feed these to our international partners. Working with marketing department to co-ordinate advertise the programme.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Executive to promote FarmerTime online through regular contributions to website, newsletter and social media schedule.
- To be a point of contact for programme stakeholders (farmers, teachers, sponsors and management)
- To collect, interpret and disseminate data collected from research conducted for/by the estate in relation to FarmerTime.
- Promote a high standard of education, utilising an open and honest approach to information dissemination around food, farming and the environment.
- Weekend work and evening work may be required from time to time by your Manager including, but not limited to estate festivals, events, Christmas events and attendance or as a representative of Airfield Estate at seminars or conferences.
- Perform any additional duties that may be assigned by your Manager or as needed in other departments of Airfield as this role evolves.
Airfield Estate is an equal opportunities employer.