Chef de Partie
We are recruiting for an exceptional Chef for Overend's kitchen. This is a great opportunity to work with REAL food.
Main ResponsibilitiesAs part of a team of education guides, guide children through a range of outdoor activities based in our farm, gardens, woodlands and other outdoor areas
Overends Kitchen brings to life the Airfield food ethos of sustainable, seasonal, local, zero waste food production. Everything produced on the estate is used fresh or preserved, pickled, fermented, cured, smoked, dried. This is a unique opportunity for somebody who is passionate about food to be part of a team delivering an authentic 'farm to fork/nose to tail/root to shoot' food experience right outside Dublin city centre.
Our busy restaurant operates Monday to Sunday for breakfast and lunch located at the heart of Airfield Estate. The Estate is a 38-acre working farm producing Jersey Milk, Beef, Pork, Eggs, Vegetables, Fresh Herbs & Salads that are being used in the restaurant to give our diners an authentic 'farm to fork' experience.
As a team, we also service a number of bespoke events throughout the Estate including weddings, corporate meetings, BBQ's & festivals.This offers a varied food offering and many learning and growth opportunities.
The ideal candidate should have 2 years experience in a busy restaurant environment with a flexible 'can do' attitude.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment
- Be self-motivated and capable of supervising own section and others
- Be able to work as part of a team and direct a team to work
- Have a positive "can-do" attitude
- Thorough knowledge of HACCP, level 2 and above required
- Passion for authentic food and its provenance
- Excellent attention to detail and conscious cooking
- Written & spoken English
- Available for an immediate start & hold a valid work permit
- Day time hours (exceptions for events)
- Staff food
- Membership to Estate
- Barista T&C
- & much much more