TY Work Experience
Each year Airfield Estate offers Transition Year students the opportunity to apply for a 1-week placement where they will get hands-on work throughout the Estate.
From helping out in the farmyard, training with our kitchen team to customer service students will get the flavour of working at a busy working farm, gardens and visitor experience.
Applications are now closed for the 2022/2023 academic term. Please note:
- There is a selection process and a member of our team will be in contact after the closing date.
- We can only facilitate work experience that is one week long, not work experience of one day per week.
- Please note that it may not be possible to run the work experience programme during the 2022/2023 acadmeic year. This is dependent on the public health situation, public health guidelines and workplace safety guidelines as well as the business operations of Airfield Estate.
- While you do not need to provide proof of insurance cover at the application stage, your school must be in a position to provide insurance cover for the work experience.
- Applicants must clearly specify the dates they are seeking to apply for. Successful applicants will be offered a specific start date. Successful applicants who have agreed on a start date may not change to a different start date unless agreed to by Airfield Estate.
- Where a work experience cannot proceed on an agreed date it is at the discretion of Airfield Estate if the student can transfer to a new date.
- Please do not submit an application if you will not be available for work experience during the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Closing date for applications is Friday the 19th August.