Our child-centred primary education programme provides a wonderful opportunity for active learning in a unique and relaxed environment that celebrates food, farming and the natural world.
Our primary school programme is linked to the Primary Curriculum as well as Áistear, and several of them are Discovery Primary Maths and Science Programmes. Developed by educational professionals with years of experience, our workshops aim to encourage active learning in children through the hands-on investigation of the world around them.
Key features include:
- Flexibility to meet individual needs of schools and children
- Programmes are based outdoors with hand-on activities
- Resources are available for teachers to help prepare for the visit
- Trained child centred guides
- Covered activity and lunch facilities
- All areas are wheelchair accessible
We have an exciting new food-focused Education programme for 2018
- Airfield Estate’s working farm is the backdrop to help us understand the story of milk from grass to glass, as well as the food that is produced by other animals on the farm.
- You will delve into the world of plants to learn about growing and seasonality, and to discover how food is created and gets onto our plates.
- Investigate the biodiversity of Airfield Estate by exploring the hedgerows or going beneath the surface of the pond to find out what lives there and how it contributes to the food cycle.
Your trip will include hands-on interactive activities that reflect what is happening on the farm, in the gardens and in nature at the time of the year you visit and what this tells us about food and where it comes from.